After 20-something years of life, I think we all realise there are some rules that seem to guide how things work, and it was during one of my interesting (deep) conversations with the mysterious JK, I gave Rule 1 as a joke, and I found myself churning out 2, 3, 4, and so on…
Whether they are rules that we gave ourselves, or rules ‘of the universe’, these are rules to live by.
So, in no particular order, here are my rules:
Rule 1: No ragrets.
– Live like you mean it, grab every opportunity with both hands and don’t let it go until you can’t hold on any longer.
Rule 2: #YOLO.
– Because one of the worst questions you can ever ask yourself is ‘what if?’.
Rule 3: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
– If you don’t do it, nobody will do it for you.
Rule 4: If it’s not a yes, it’s a no.
– Yes is a yes, no is a no, and maybe is a no.
Rule 5: Do your best to support and guide someone, but don’t try to change them.
– Unless they ask for your help, otherwise refer to Rule 4.
Rule 6: Lovers may come and go, but your friends will always be there.
– True except for the person you marry; also true unless your friend(s) is a little b!tch.
Rule 7: Don’t settle for second best.
– There’s nothing wrong with second best, but you want the best for yourself.
Keep these in mind with you and everything will be a little easier.
And if you’re still not sure?
Header photo credits: taken by skyline at 高美濕地，台中，台灣 (Gao Mei Wetlands, Taichung, Taiwan)